Contract: Internship (Convention de Stage), 6 months minimum, starting from Q1 2021 (Flexible)
Location: Paris, France
At TISSIUM, we are creating the future of tissue reconstruction. Our team pushes the limits every day to design next-generation products based on our platform of biomorphic programmable polymers. We are disrupting the field of surgery, both open and minimally invasive, to positively impact the lives of patients.
We are actively looking to incorporate an intern to be at the interface of the Materials and Sealants & Adhesives teams at TISSIUM’s Innovation Hub. This person will have an active role in the evaluation of the in vitro versus in vivo biodegradation profile of Tissium polymer’s platform
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study and understand the main drivers of the biodegradation profile of TISSIUM™ polymer’s platform;
- Conduct general characterization of materials in a laboratory setting, as well as perform data analysis;
- Organize, file and maintain accurate laboratory records for the executed experimental work;
- Contribute to the general laboratory organization and quality, including equipment maintenance and shipments;
- Follow safety practices and procedures.
- Work closely with TISSIUM’s Engineers and Scientists to understand product specificities;
- Present results in team meetings.
Qualifications & Skills
- M2 or last year Engineering school;
- Hands on experience on chemical synthesis, preferably polymer synthesis, and basic chemical characterization (e.g. FTIR, NMR, HPLC, GPC);
- Preclinical experience in in vivo tests is a plus;
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Curious and creative in approaching technical challenges;
- Organized, rigorous and team player;
- Passionate about improving patient’s life.
The intern will report to the Heads of Materials and Sealants and Adhesives. The position is based at TISSIUM Laboratory in Paris, France. To apply to this position please email your CV to email@example.com. Ref: 202011-003