Contract: Internship (Convention de Stage), 6 months, starting in August – September 2021
Location: Paris, France
At TISSIUM, we are creating the future of tissue reconstruction. Our team pushes the limits every day to design next-generation products based on our platform of biomorphic programmable polymers. We are disrupting the field of surgery, both open and minimally invasive, to positively impact the lives of patients.
We are actively looking to recruit a Research Intern to be part of TISSIUM’s Innovation Hub. This person will have an active role on activities related to evaluation and characterization of our polymer Platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the ex vivo performance evaluation of innovative surgical adhesives and sealants;
- Design the studies to characterize TISSIUM’s polymers and support the feasibility of new indications;
- Redaction of feasibility study reports;
- Present results to the Innovation Hub team;
- Perform bibliographic reviews to support project decisions.
- Define the scope for the projects and respective planning, in collaboration with the Innovation Hub;
- Work closely with the Innovation Hub team to understand TISSIUM products specificities;
- Interaction with experts in polymer sciences and/or clinical indications.
Qualifications & Skills
- Master student (biomedical engineering, biomaterial sciences or biomechanics), available for an internship of at least 6 month;
- Previous experience in the characterization of polymers and biomaterials is preferred;
- Previous experience in the ex vivo manipulation of animal tissues is preferred;
- Creative in approaching technical challenges.
Job Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Good communication skills;
- Proactive, can work independently and passionate to make a difference for patients;
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail and critical judgment;
- Good English proficiency (both written and oral).
The Research Intern will report to a senior member of the Sealants & Adhesives team. The position is based in Paris, France. To apply to this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. REF. 202104-002