Contract: R&D Engineer in the Pre-Clinical team, permanent position
Location: Paris, France
At TISSIUM, we are creating the future of tissue reconstruction. Our team pushes the limits every day to design next-generation products based on our platform of biomorphic programmable polymers. We are disrupting the field of surgery, both open and minimally invasive, to positively impact the lives of patients.
We are actively looking to incorporate one R&D Engineer to be part of the Pre-clinical team at TISSIUM. This person will be responsible to conduct experimental work and support key testing programs incorporated within the development and verification/validation of TISSIUM’s products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the biological evaluation of TISSIUM’s products per ISO 10993-1
- Manage various biological evaluation programs, in particular In vivo performance evaluation of TISSIUM’s polymers
- Conduct laboratory experimental work including, but not limited to, preparation of samples, handling and analysis of biological tissues, animal surgery,…
- Organize, file and maintain accurate laboratory records for the executed experimental work
- Plan and closely monitor subcontracted activities
- Work closely with TISSIUM’s other departments to understand the product development process.
- Contribute to the documentation required for developing medical device products.
- Follow safety practices and procedures.
- Interact with internal teams, external experts and regulatory bodies.
- Follow medical device regulations (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 10993).
Qualifications & Skills
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Two years experience in in vivo related activities and best laboratory practices
- Experienced with study conduction, data management and presentation
- Animal experimentation Level 1, preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Prior exposure to regulatory bodies is a plus
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally (approx. 30% of time).
- Curious and creative in approaching technical challenges.
- Organized, rigorous and team player.
- Hands on approach.
- Passionate about improving patients’ lives.
The R&D Engineer will report to the Head of Preclinical. The position is based at Tissium in Paris, France. To apply to this position please email your CV to email@example.com . Ref: 202105-002